A service to attach MIDI instruments over the Internet.
Allows electronic musicians to share MIDI signals over the internet (sync to keep drum machines in time, note on/off) and jam in real time remotely.
- Both Alice and Bob download the Node.JS client software and configure it to read their MIDI interfaces.
- Alice goes to http://rocket.2013.nodeknockout.com/ and creates a jam room and sends bob the URL over IM
- Alice connects her client to the "Master connection" and she will be sending the MIDI sync signal (and all other MIDI signals) to the midi slaves that connect.
- Bob connects his client to the "Slaves connection" and his computer's MIDI output is now streaming Alice's signals to his setup!
- When Cathy IMs Bob asking to join, he sends her the URL and she uses the Slaves connection to also begin using Alice's MIDI signals.
They each individually record their tracks and send the files to eachother to mix themselves.
What they Used
express.io, nunjucks, jquery, redis, bootstrap